Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Customer Assistance: 1-800-613-6743

Get Answers to Your Banking Questions

How do I make a claim of identity theft?

Contact your bank, the credit reporting agencies, and your local police. Review information about ‘Identity Theft’ at – Get Answers to Your Banking Questions. You can also file your complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)) online or by calling toll-free (877)438-4338).

Last Reviewed: April 2024

Please note: The terms "bank" and "banks" used in these answers generally refer to national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches or agencies of foreign banking organizations that are regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Find out if the OCC regulates your bank. Information provided on should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion of the OCC.

Still need help?

Contact Us