Answers to the Most Popular Questions
Answers to the most popular questions about national banks cover topics that include credit cards, checking accounts, overdraft fees, mortgages, credit reports, and more.
Most Popular FAQs
- Interest rates have gone up, but the bank refuses to raise the rate on my time certificate of deposit (CD). Why?
- I wrote a check that was returned because of insufficient funds (NSF) in my account. But the bank never notified me, so other checks bounced and I got hit with several overdraft fees. Shouldn't the bank have sent me a notice?
- I cancelled a product after the free trial period, but the merchant keeps charging my credit card account each month. The bank says to resolve it with the merchant. What should I do?
- How can I find out why my bank denied my loan application?
- What do I do if my bill (credit card / personal line of credit / home equity line of credit) is wrong? How do I file a billing dispute?
- How do I get a copy of my credit report?
- My bank paid my largest check first and then the smaller ones. Doing so created more overdraft fees on my account. Why did the bank pay in this order?
- I believe I have been a victim of identity theft. How can I clear my name?