My credit report contains inaccurate information and accounts that I never applied for. How can I have my credit report corrected?

You have the right to examine your credit file and to dispute inaccurate information. If you find inaccuracies on your credit report, you can dispute the inaccurate information with the consumer reporting agency. Also, in most cases, you can file a direct dispute with the furnisher that provided the inaccurate information to the consumer reporting agency.