I was receiving my monthly credit card statement, but now I am not. What can I do?

Notify your credit card company that you are not receiving your monthly statements. You should also file a written billing error dispute with the bank. Send this to the address specified after "Send Billing Inquiries to:" on the statement. This address is usually different from where you send your payment.

File your dispute within 60 days of the date you should have received your statement. If you are waiting for your statements to arrive before making your payments, then you could be incurring late fees or interest charges.

Please note there are some times when a card issuer is not required to send you a periodic statement, including if your balance is less than $1 or if it has begun delinquency collection proceedings.

March 2010