Answers about Credit Card Disputes

What do I do if my bill (credit card / personal line of credit / home equity line of credit) is wrong? How do I file a billing dispute?

For any charges that you believe are in error, notify your bank in writing. Use the billing error instructions that appear on the back of the periodic credit card statement.

Please note: Send your letter to the address specified after “Send Billing Inquiries to:” on the back of the statement. This address usually differs from where you send your payment.

The credit card company must receive your letter within 60 days of its sending you the first statement on which the billing error appeared.

March 2010