Answers about Credit Card Payments and Late Payments
Select from the following questions about credit card payments, late payments, payment processing and other payment issues.
- I made a payment, but it has not shown up on my credit card / home equity line of credit / personal lines of credit statement. What can I do?
- I paid my credit card on the 31st day after the payment due date, and the bank reported that I made a late payment to a credit bureau. Can the bank do that?
- My bank increased the minimum payment on my credit card account. What should I do if I can’t afford it?
- Can I make special payment arrangements on my credit card account?
- The bank is not giving me enough time to make the payment on my credit card/ home equity line of credit/ personal line of credit account. How many days in advance of the due date does the bank have to send the statement?
- After a payment is made, when does the bank make the additional credit available?
- Can the bank charge a fee for making payments, such as for making a payment over the phone?
- My payment is due on the 4th of the month, however this month the 4th is a federal holiday. I generally mail my payments to the bank. Why don’t they change the due date on the bill?
- I mailed my credit card payment prior to the due date, but the bank still charged me a late fee. Can it do this?
- Can the bank delay the posting of a payment to my credit card account?
- Can the bank apply payments to the “purchase portion” of the account first and then to the cash advance balance?
- Why wasn't my online payment credited to my account on the same day I made it?
- This month my due date falls on a Sunday. I mailed my credit card payment and it has not arrived there yet. If the payment is received on Monday, will it be considered as late?
- When is my payment considered late?