Answers about Credit Card Disputes
Select from the following questions about credit card disputes, billing errors, and other credit dispute questions.
- What do I do if my bill (credit card / personal line of credit / home equity line of credit) is wrong? How do I file a billing dispute?
- My credit card / home equity line of credit / personal line of credit is involved in a billing dispute/error. Can the bank apply late fees and interest while this is being investigated?
- How long can the bank take to resolve my billing error/dispute on my credit card / personal line of credit / home equity line of credit?
- I currently have a billing dispute regarding my credit card / personal line of credit / home equity line of credit. While the dispute was under investigation, the bank reported my account negatively to the credit-reporting agencies. Can it do this?
- My bank told me it would report my loan to the credit bureau if it ever was more than 60 days past due but they reported the loan at only 30 days past due. Can the bank do this?